Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Intuition

For her

How can one know something
that is going to be in the future?

It happened to me once before,
so I am not that keen on it.

I knew, before the relationship
with N. started, that it would be.

It happened, and two years later
we were about to kill each other

and getting ready for divorce.
And now, with you, even though

nothing worth mentioning
has ever happened, I have

the same feeling of certainty
(sometimes). And no, I am not

pushing it. I can and will not
push you, and I will not be pushed

myself. Everything to be
is to be loving and free.

– Leonard Blumfeld (© 2010)

Written for napowrimo #28, intuition.

Wasn't happy with the ending, amended it, like it better now.

5 comments:

Aayushi Mehta said...

:) I just really liked this a lot.

http://vivinfrance.wordpress.com said...

Been there, done that...

Good poem. I hope your intuition is wrong.

Robin said...

Says a lot here, and I like the straight-forward presentation. I, too, hope your intuition is wrong...unless you're hoping otherwise.

Dan said...

Self-fulfilling prophecies tend to be that way...

Julie Jordan Scott said...

Here's to hoping and knowing and going for it, anyway....