Friday, February 29, 2008

Zapping the remote control

Zemi, one of the characters I met during my time zap travels.

These are some of the places and times where blind zapping curiosity took me …

Zap: Ah, it’s mighty damp here, I’ve got sweat running down everywhere after just a sec, and it’s so misty I can hardly see a thing … and what’s this ugly furry creature there that’s eying me from the front (or back?) of its furry head … about 27 feet tall … and feet on both sides of the foot if that makes any sense … now marching towards me through the swampy terrain … don’t like his/her approach …

Zap: I’m in a desert on some planet … surrounded by insect-like robots about 100 times the size of the biggest terrestrial insects … what the hell are these guys doing? … I see, they’re sifting the sand for something … gold? plutonium? planetarium? … I feel hungry, nothing edible around … better leave before they discover me and put me through one of those sifters ...

Zap: I’m in Charles Dickens’ room, looking over his shoulder as he’s scribbling on and on about Mr. Micawber … he gives me a distracted look, but doesn’t really register … let him work … I love David Copperfield the way it is, no sense in interfering …

Zap: I’m in a trench … soldiers that look like frogs, literally, they’ve got these things over their heads that make 'em look like … my God, let me get out of here before there’s a poison gas attack …

Zap: What are these four gigantic columns around me? And that above me – is that someone’s gigantic belly? And those egg-shaped things the size of helicopter cabs … are those balls? Don’t let that plesiosaurus or whatever sit down (on me!) while I’m looking for my RC in the grass …

PS: I made it back home – to my own modest time, my own modest place – as you might have guessed because I managed to survive and post these exploits.

– Len “Time Zapper” Blumfeld

Written for Sunday Scribblings' #100 prompt "Time Machine"

9 comments:

Mare Freeborn said...

So glad the dinosaur didn't squish you!

Crafty Green Poet said...

very entertianing, glad you got back safely

Keith's Ramblings said...

What a terrific piece. I really enoyed your journey

Cherie said...

Lovely post, welcome back ;)

gautami tripathy said...

Next time, invite me along!

timely intervention

Devil Mood said...

Time travelling is only a question of using our imagination, isn't it? The places we can go...

Amarettogirl said...

What a FUNTASTIC post! humorous, witty, engaging and creative.
zap...oh wait I'm sitting infront of th computer typing and this dude just popped into my room and said "Go back and write more comments on that guys post - cause it rocked!!! ;) -Amarettogirl
http://amarettogirl.squarespace.com/the-written-word/

lisrobbe said...

Brilliant post! I enjoyed reading this tremendously. Welcome home!

paisley said...

this reminded me of a tv show,, i cannot remember the name,, but the main character woke up in a new time place and body for each episode... i remember i used to enjoy him catching a glimpse of himself in the mirror,, to see hat he looked like to everyone else...