Friday, February 22, 2008

Intrepid little bird


Intrepid Little Bird (2006)
Acrylic on kraft paper

Inspire Me Thursday's proposition for this week was:
Action Painting

This week let us be inspired by Action Painting, a “style of painting in which paint is spontaneously dribbled, splashed or smeared onto the canvas, rather than being carefully applied.” Think Jackson Pollock, the American Abstract Expressionist painter who was fond of huge canvases on the floor, applying paint with a stick or other objects, using a ‘drip’ technique, walking around the canvas, being ‘in the painting.’

I was immediately reminded of a series of paintings I did in 2006, for which I partially used a drip technique. What I call "Intrepid Little Bird" above is just a small section of a larger painting done with a combination of dripping and rolling.

– Leonard Blumfeld

4 comments:

Fourborne said...

I really like this painting.

World So Wide said...

Thank you, fourborne!

I'll stop by your blog ITVNF.

Julia said...

O I like your style very much and also your use of colors !

carla said...

This has the feeling of a Japanese painting - the background is lovely and dreamy, and the blot-bird has an elegant simplicity. Very, very nice!