Saturday, February 9, 2008

Cold cold poem

In response to today's Sunday Scribblings:

#97 - "Fridge Space"

I know it sounds a little strange, but the prompt this week is: "Fridge Space."
Here's some balm for someone in need I ran into today – can't offer more because I don't know her that well:

Cold cold poem

for an affected heart

Angelica, you are perturbed,
I see it,

your eyes are dark
and deep and dulled,

your short curls
are matted down.

You look demure,
obedient to destiny.

I want to help you.
Do not believe

in fate. Rebel.
Take this fridge-born

poem unbeknownst,
take it to cool

your aching heart
and mind. Expand,

return to life.

– Leonard Blumfeld

8 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

That is a interesting take. I hope she is comforted by it.

spaced out

World So Wide said...

We'll probably never know...

I don't think she's the blog reading kind :)

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Gautami

myrtle beached whale said...

Very original take on the prompt. We tend to write for ourselves. You will be the one comforted.

Devil Mood said...

How interesting! It reminded me of those bags with ice or herbs that you keep in the cold and then apply to your pain :)
I really like your old picture, back in the days ;)

World So Wide said...

myrtle beached whale: Very observant!

devil mood: That was the very idea ... a mental cooling bag :)

The Literary Prostitute said...

Very thoughtful. Sometimes it helps just to know that someone bothered to listen.

Heather said...

What a thoughtful take on the theme! She may never see it, but others will be soothed by your words.

Tumblewords: said...

Nice take on the prompt - I enjoyed it - thanks!