Friday, October 9, 2026

Noise


Being a reluctant and foreign part of an assembly of natives, I try my best to get the gist of what’s on the agenda. However, given the inborn nature of these natives – which is to be extremely talkative and get heated up about things very easily – and a particular medical condition I have (my ears simply cannot filter out individual voices in loud groups), most of it is incomprehensible to me, like white noise.

– Leonard Blumfeld (© 2026)

Note
This little shred of prose is definitely based on real experience.

8 comments:

  1. I am sorry, you have to go through such an ordeal. Noise is a type of pollution. In this part of the world honking draws penalty as it adds to the already high level of pollution. But few people care about it especially during festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you make the noise feel overwhelming without simply describing it as loud

    ReplyDelete
  3. The illustration makes it seem a bit humorous – but I bet it's mainly very frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that problem too especially when I'm playing Scrabbel in a group and trying to think straight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very recognisable Had to laugh about the picture

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking at the picture we can guess how very chaotic it was! Certainly noisy!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good illustration of a nightmare situation

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the same problem a lot of the time, though somehow I seem to manage ok in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete