Monday, March 19, 2012

The miracle dichotomy

"What would you rather have as a miracle –
a world free of strife and war
or personal happiness?" Suzanna's guru asked

She brought the question home to her non-believer boyfriend

"Let me see any kind of miracle
before I decide on that one,"
said Jeff the sceptic

"That's typical you," she yowled,
"all you try and do is take the wind out of my sails."

"No wind, no sails that I see,"
said laconic Jeff

"Why have I been putting up with you
for so many years, Jeff? A man
with such a flat view of the world?"

"That is a miracle, I agree,"
said grinning Jeff

– Leonard Blumfeld (© 2012)

The topic at One Single Impression was miracle.

3 comments:

The Write Girl said...

I enjoyed your humor and unique take on the prompt for O.S.I. It's refreshing to read nice dialogue.

Mariya Koleva said...

Obviously, miracles ARE all around for us to enjoy :-)

Anthony Hopper said...

Haha...Cool poem :-)