Monday, August 2, 2010

I'd like to thank ...

... everyone involved in urgently proposing my overall work to the illustrious jury of Pedestrian Writing At Best, which includes such celebrated authors as Morman Nailer, Menry Hiller, Nais Ananin, Kephen Sting, Kean Doontz and Ban Drown.

My lifetime achievement won third prize in the Experimental Pedestrian Writing category.

The Pedestrian Writing At Best Prizes are on par with the coveted Cooker Prize, Phoolitzer Prize and Mobile Prize for Literature.

I am extremely proud and honored to have been awarded this prestigious prize, and it's all due to your efforts, my buddies, colleagues, cronies, acolytes and sycophants!

Thank you so eternally much!

– Leonard “Clod” Blumfeld

Published for Sunday Scribblings and I'd like to thank...

4 comments:

Shammi said...

Heeheehee :)

Unknown said...

Very funny. And I laughed at myself for thinking, hmmm, what's the Pedestrian writing prize? Where's that?

Too funny!

Old Egg said...

Thank heaven we write to please ourselves and don't ape other writers in attempt to receive awards...or do we? Loved all your puns.

MissMeliss said...

This made me grin.

Btw, Cafe Writing is back - new prompts go up Sunday, August 8th.