Saturday, July 12, 2008

Twigs, blossoms, sunlight

Twigs, blossoms, sunlight
Acrylic on paper, 2002

Posted for healing at Inspire Me Thursday.

Even though I do not necessarily think of healing as a prime objective of my painting effort and paintings, there definitely is an effect I look for in what I paint and what I'd like viewers to experience.
Several years ago I had an art exhibition titled 'Between harmony and disharmony.' One of my friends who attended the opening said, "You know, in your previous shows there were some paintings that were disharmonious, but there's not a single one here today that feels that way to me." I took that as a compliment and accomplishment.
But back to the experience I'd like to evoke ... I'd like the people who look at my art to feel that they have received something best described, perhaps, as nourishment for the soul.
And that would qualify as some sort of healing, wouldn't it?

Leonard Blumfeld

5 comments:

laurel said...

I love your painting and I agree that nourishment for the soul through art contributes to healing. It is so cool how the creating of art and the viewing of art nourishes us.

Tammie Lee said...

lovely,is the desire you have for your viewers.

you captured light in a wonderful way.

maryt/theteach said...

This is wonderful, Leonard! A symphony of flowers! Marvelous! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the tremulus harmony between objects and their space in this painting. It's very much how my vision works, often;when it does I am left breathless. This painting makes me feel glad to be alive, you have added to that sensation. G and GEM

LA Nickers said...

Gorgeous colors!

DRAWING FORTH, at THE MANE POINT