Friday, April 4, 2008

Back then in ca. 1959

Back then when summers seemed an unending sequence of warm sunny days
When swimming trunks were shapeless and high-hipped
When trash cans were made of zinc-plated metal and held some kind of mystery

Posted for Sunday Scribblings # 105 – The Photograph.

Yep, that's yours truly in the picture. I was too young to recollect what I was doing there – all the memories I have of this vacation in the Black Forest are vicarious. Whatever it was, my father felt compelled to get out his Leica and take this snapshot.

L.B.

10 comments:

paisley said...

what an adorable snap... amazing how our vicarious memories are usually equal in strength to our actual memories isn't it....

Sandra.if said...

unexpected photos are interesting and spontaneous...even when we cannot see your face I feel you are focused on what you are doing and enjoying the moment by yourself

Granny Smith said...

Not only is the photo a good choice for "way back then", but the first paragraph encapsulates the distant half-remembered time.

Anonymous said...

Adorable... I just wrote my Mom's class of 1958 class reunion letter for her... I poured over books to see what was in then... I can "timely" relate to you photo.

Daily Panic said...

This made me smile.
I think it was the innocence captured.

Thanks for sharing!

Gemma Wiseman said...

There is a sense of being lost in innocent wonder. What a wonderful moment to capture. They are so precious and too few!

Gemma

Tammy Brierly said...

Your dad had a good eye, what a great shot!

GreenishLady said...

That's a marvellous photo. I imagine you were unwrapping a sweet very carefully and preparing to drop the wrapper in the bin.

Tumblewords: said...

Excellent photo and it sure does bring back memories to those of us connected to the 'circa 1959'.

Unknown said...

Great picture! I think times were slower back then more more embraceable...
Thanks for sharing!