Friday, April 13, 2007

A Hindi haiku

अमावस कि रात
मदिरा में चांद डूबा
पेई सुंग शिव जगेय

– Richa Dubey (copyright 2006)

Originally posted by the author in transliteration on her blog khwaab-i-fursat, where this haiku can also be read in her own English translation.

Open letter to the author

Dear Richa,

Your poems are wonderful. Unfortunately, your blog has been inactive since the end of last year, and there is no link with an e-mail address. Otherwise I would have asked for your kind permission to post this haiku in World So Wide.

Please get in touch if you stumble across this posting.

Kind regards,

Leonard Blumfeld

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Lenoard,

Thank you for your rather flattering interest in my poetry. I am writing again, though rather haphazardly.

Needless to say, you are welcome to post/ cross-link to my blog.

Regards
Richa

World So Wide said...

Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you're writing again!