Thursday, April 26, 2007

The evil mood fib

I’m
in
an eve,
I’m in an
evil mood. Doctor,
take this evil mood off my soul.

Thin
vio-
lin, light
scratches, now
clarinet come in.
To music I fain make appeal.

Doc-
tor
my eyes,
my senses,
I’m fighting evil
mood with uncomprehended words.

Chup-
ke
se. With
stealth. To get
at them. Them who get
to me through clever evil stealth.

– Leonard B.

Notes
Some fairly cryptic poetry served as a statement of feeling and mantra-like speech to combat same.

Talked to N. before. She was in one of her down moods, where she is not amenable to uplift and wants to punish herself – and her surroundings – by looking at bleak things and keeping it that way.

Then my dear M. called to tell of all the cruelty committed against her, laying on more.

Sometimes I get irate with these efforts to load me up. I cannot possibly be the horse to pull all these carts out of the mud. Especially when they attempt to tether me to horses moving in other directions, tearing me apart with conflict.

I’m playing C. H. Atma to combat it, to not be dragged down; this is what I’m talking about here.

Fib not centered to show the sawing process that's going on here.

2 comments:

maryt/theteach said...

looked up the reference to Chupke se and found the movie on IMDB. Also some beautiful singing by Saathiya (if Saathiya is the singer)on video.
http://www.noolmusic.com/blogs/
Bollywood_Indian_Cinema_Movies_-_
Saathiya_-_Chupke_Se.shtml

World So Wide said...

Wow! I checked out this link. The video is from the movie "Saathiya" with Rani Mukherjee and Vivek Oberoi (shown in the video) is a very nice one, highly recommendable. The song is sung by Sadhna Sargam.

What I actually did here was to include some Hindi. "Chupke se" means "secretly." This is somewhat metamorphosed into "stealthily" in the poem.

Thanks once again for visiting, maryt!