Sunday, March 25, 2007

Seeing your fair face pleases my heart

I
see
your fair
face in trans-
lucent memory –
we are four thousand miles apart



A fibonacci inspired by raag bhimpalasi (early afternoon)

– Lou Blumfeld (copyright 2007)

Interview with Lou
Raag Times: What does the very recent western poetic form of fibonacci have to do with Indian ragas?
Lou B.: Nothing originally. I established a link of sorts by taking the time of day, going to a nifty website called The Raga Guide, looking for an appropriate raag, listening to one and then writing. The fibonacci titled "Seeing your fair face pleases my heart" and written in the early afternoon was inspired by listening to a raag bhimpalasi sung by Shruti Sadolikar. The title is a direct quote from The Raga Guide that I liked very much and could associate with my own personal experience very well.
Raag Times: Thank you, Lou.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtk5IDJKqTU

World So Wide said...

Thanks, Chris!

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Ooh, that's a beautiful use of this form!

Mary said...

Please write and share a new fib for Poets United rather than sharing one from your files. Thank you.