Friday, June 1, 2012

Proverbs from the Chinese IX

Jingle does not vindidate error.
This piece of wisdom from a fortune cookie is typically cryptically Chinese once again and fits in perfectly with 3WW and the current choice of words to write about: error, vindicate and jingle.

What does it mean? What kind of jingle would be likely to vindicate anything in the first place? The situation presented appears to be preposterous.

Oh well, there's always a chance the Chinese original actually made sense and was translated using Google Translate...

Yours sincerely,

Leonard Blumfeld

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Leonard~ This gave me a chuckle this morning. Always like that on a Friday morning. Good to read you.

Daydreamertoo said...

LOL Makes sense to me!

Hannah said...

I like that you use the idea of presenting these words in a fortune cookie! One of my favorite random collections is a tin of fortune cookie quotes! Thank you for yours!

Here's my taste of possibility:
http://wordrustling.wordpress.com/2012/06/02/through-the-window-of-your-soul/

Ella said...

I, too collect fortune cookie sayings~
This was fun to read~